About Me

im a dreamer all the way....always pursuing my heart over my head ( have to stop doing that one of these days)....in short im an endless ocean of thoughts.....

Sunday, June 1, 2008

review...

watched yet another french film...anthony zimmer....backdrop is france obviously....watching it ...i found myself lost in another world...some effect...good flick...recent too...a 2005 release...to me it seems....thrs something magical abt the country itself...when ever i tell my friends about the french connection (oh well my obssession with france!!) everyone tells me french people are rather rude and biggest snobs among EU...and its just in films that france is portrayed as i see it...which im in love with...and reality is different from the virtual world....i know its true...but the child inside me tells me never to let go my imaginations...and live just in reality....
If I were given a choise to live anywhere on tis globe it would definitely be paris....i can't remember what triggered my obssession with france...but its been there for a decent while...and seems to be growing intense with passage of time....I have always been a dreamer....My dreams are rather bizarre too..i must say...i wake up most mornings thinking...wow that was cool...i wish it were for real...at one point of time used to be sci-fi dreams...not had much of those in recent past...neway...getiing back to what i was saying...One of my resolutions this year was to at least start attending classes to learn French...hoping itll happen....
have so much to do this year....hope they all...or at least most of them happen...times flying tooo....so hopefully NOvember will be knocking on my door sooon...enough... ;)

7 comments:

Electric Shaman said...

It IS true.. French people are the biggest snobs in Europe. And their palate leaves a lot to be desired. Vinegar is too spicey!!! Personally I think Italians are a lotttt more friendly (But my opinion is biased by some close Italian friends) But then again France is beautiful. Paris is just the beginning. You should visit the French countryside with the chatteus and the vineyards. Its amazing. Quite like a dream (if you dream of cobbled streets and cafes nice enough to let you smoke indoors with your coffee!)

As far as learning to speak French goes. One small piece of advice "Gurgle" Viva La France and Je T'aime La Paree

Akshay said...

I can understand the obsession with France.... somehow I find French kindda sexy....lol

Macadamia The Nut said...

I've got a lot of friends who hail from France and they've always been sweet and generous to a fault. So... I can't agree with what people say :D

What was the name of the movie btw?

Aphrodite said...

@electric....i kindofd agree to wht u said...not sure abt the snob bit though...

@akshay...aha..

@nut...the first line says the name...anthony zinner...

Aphrodite said...

@nut...oops it zimmer...i donot know a single french nationale. :(

Gunjan Aylawadi said...

but the child inside me tells me never to let go my imaginations...and live just in reality....

i love dat part in us! gets d better out of humans!

Aphrodite said...

@gunj..does too... I hate being and acting like a grown up...i love the child inside dearly...;)

ardent poignant soul....

lost in nostalgia...