About Me

im a dreamer all the way....always pursuing my heart over my head ( have to stop doing that one of these days)....in short im an endless ocean of thoughts.....

Friday, July 18, 2008

random doodling....

I'm back yet again...a friday night....the good weekend mood kicking in...:)my day was quite good...went to work in the morning...and got bored there as usual...at least my language skills improving....one good thing!! Was dying of hunger because i had skipped breakfast not knowingly ...but I somehow just forgot to eat before I left home....!!!had a filing tandoori chicken sandwich...with loads of lettuce and capsicum and tomatoes and mushrooms in it....but paid $7.50 for it...so not worth 7.50!!!

its as cold as ever still in my world its like in the narnia series..100 years of winter kindof concept...its so friggin cold....I'm unable to handle it:(....I'm lazy to begin with and weather is doing nothing to help...rather making things worse....anyway...during one of my breaks was goin through this article in in todays SMH...
Coping with cold is child's play for some, agony for others....
WHY does winter affect people differently? Why can some people happily survive in shorts while others freeze in coats?..thats how it starts offf.....people who are obese or FAT and muscle-y people have a natural INSULATION..but what about peoplelike us :(...apparently our brain can be tricked into thinking the body is overheating if we eat spicy/hot food which triggers some temperature receptor inpulses...and the brain then thinks its actually not that cold...but i don't even eat that much hot food...:(

anyway...I have had a growing interest in puzzles...sudoku and word jumbles and crosswords since a while...not to forget my all time addiction to the dictionary game...today was one of "being impulsive" days....felt an intense desire to solve some of that...and so I left work at 5pm...went straight to a book store and bought myself sudoku book, a new york times crossword collection flipbook...and the highlight of my buy is a masterpiece by my "favi-avourite" author...crime and punishment by fyodor dostoevsky....what a great buy it is only $12...yooohoooo!!!!

while at the book store I also happened to come across the actual book...The 48 Laws of Power is a 1998 book by Robert Greene....i made a reference to one of the laws in a previous post...anyway....another of my current interests these days is playing chess...and this game of marbles..that i used to play as a kid...I had gone to the mountain last december...and happened to find it at an woodart store...the board is made of nice laquered dark wood and the set of marbles i have is green with swirling cloudy patterns inside them....

I tend to digress from what i say too often...neway...I love losing myself in book stores...its like im teleported to another world where its only me and the millions of books neatly arranged on shelves around me...and while walking around leafing through pages of random books...up and down a million aisles...happen to glide past other silent book lovers.....I always have wished...If I am rich someday..I want to have a big room in my dwelling, just as a library...the four walls would be made of expensive lacquered dark wood shelves...and will be home to all the books that I buy...and whenever I am tired and need to take some rest...I'll just slip into that room...and lose myselt in this fantasy world....and forget all my worries for a while...and be blissfully happy...

each time i enter a book store I get this overwhelming urge to buy all the books i lay my eyes on...books are so expensive these days..ever more so here than back home....its like I can never stop comparing prices and my old habbit of converting into home currency and telling myself what a RIppoFF!!!boy oH! boy!!!

I spent quiet a bit of time reading reviews about the dark knight and so far they have added to my excitement...I'm going to watch it tomorrow night...It seems like this flick will be the moivie of this year...ledgers best ever performance some say...now I have stuff to do...so we part here....ta da...

1 comment:

Benaam Badnaam said...

i liked crime n punishment but watz it wid these russian authors....i tried reading brothers karamazov....the bloody ink was fading faster yhan the story was being told

ardent poignant soul....

lost in nostalgia...